The purpose of the NDA safeguarding policy is to provide a secure framework for the workforce in safeguarding and promoting the welfare of those young people who attend our school. The policy aims to ensure that:
- All our young people are safe and protected from harm.
- Other elements of provision and policies are in place to enable young people to feel safe and adopt safe practices;
- Staff, young people, governors, visitors, volunteers and parents are aware of the expected behaviours’ and the school’s legal responsibilities in relation to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of our young people.
- Further information can be obtained from the following websites:
All children deserve the opportunity to achieve their full potential. In 2003, the Government published the Every Child Matters Green Paper alongside the formal response to the report into the death of Victoria Climbié. The Green Paper set out five outcomes that are key to children and young people’s wellbeing:
- be healthy;
- stay safe;
- enjoy and achieve;
- make a positive contribution; and
- achieve economic wellbeing